Sun, 25 Jun|
The Elliott Yoga & Wellness studio
EVOLVE: Peri to Post Menopause
Manage menopausal symptoms with Yoga & Wellness.
Time & Location
25 Jun 2023, 18:00 – 20:00
The Elliott Yoga & Wellness studio, Dundyvan Industrial Estate, Block 8, Unit 4, Coatbridge ML5 4AQ, UK
About the event
Many women feel isolated and alone when they go through menopause (peri to post & beyond) so I have created this event to provide a sense of Community (Sip & Chat). These events are an enjoyable way to share your experiences with other women, laugh and embrace the changes while also learning from each other.
You will learn yoga poses, breathing techniques and mindful meditation practises to manage your main menopause symptoms, and take away useful information - Aromatic Yogi Tips.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Sip & Chat: Pop on the kettle and settle down for a little chat, giving those that would like to talk a great opportunity to share experiences and know that they are not in this alone.
- Aromatic Yogi TIPS: I will show you specific essential oils and ways that Aromatherapy can offer natural remedy solutions to manage many menopasual symptoms.
- yoga poses, breathing and meditation: specially adapted yoga practice with breathing techniques and mindful meditation exercises to help manage the main symptoms such as hot flushes, anxiety, irritability, insomnia, fatigue, lack of focus and low mood.
Yoga and wellness practices have been scientifically proven in helping to help:
- Reduce stress and improve sleep.
- Relieve menopausal symptoms, such as hot flushes, joint and muscle aches.
- Rebalance your emotions, such as Menorage, anxiety, low mood.
- Restore depleted energy caused by insomnia and fatigue.
- Reinvigorate a sluggish metabolism, tone and strengthen muscles, build bone density, balance and boost heart health.
- Reinforce positive thoughts that improve self-esteem.
Yoga can help manage the physical and psychological symptoms that many women experience during the transition from perimenopause to menopause. It can also improve their long-term physical and mental health in post menopause when the depletion of oestrogen can lead to osteopenia and osteoporosis (brittle bones), sarcopenia (muscles loss), and the risk of cardio vascular disease. As women are now living longer, yoga can help retain muscle flexibility, general mobility and balance which we need to avoid potentially dangerous falls.
Please remember that yoga is not sport or a competition; you will gain most by going at your pace and treating your body with kindness and compassion. A little and often is better for your health and wellbeing than pushing yourself once a week.
- Ticket type
Evolve: peri to post menopause
2hr Event Yoga & Wellness to help manage menopausal symptoms.Price£25.00